tlc: facebook

Me and James, my older brother and new "facebook friend".

TLC has facilitated interdepartmental communication and allowed me to see aspects of my coworker's personalities that I would not otherwise be privy to, but honestly despite all the opportunities to meet and greet other Nova library employees, I tend to spend most of my TLC online time with the other two YS librarians. Sure, I could just as easily shout from my office door to Rebecca's to ask how her day is going, but I like the added communication and insight I get from reading her blog. If nothing else, I can see the goofy picture she's posted of the Shermanettes (one where I'm wearing crazy BFG ears for a Roald Dahl storytime). And while Beth isn't quite as prolific a poster, it's fun to peruse her posts -- she has such a distinct writing and speaking style, I can almost hear her reading the posts aloud. It's not surprising that when I finally checked the facebook account I'd established months ago, in addition to friends requests from my older brother, a friend from undergrad and a friend from high school, I also had a poke from Beth. I promptly passed the poke along to Rebecca, and I'm sure the cycle of pokes and messages is just starting.

1 comments:

Ditto! Thank you for the link, my friend.

October 26, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home